Choosing among the best laptops for music production and recording can be a bit difficult, especially if you need to find one for a specific purpose like producing music.
But if you know what to look for, you can always find the right one that fits your budget. Using a laptop for recording music is not only another seasonal trend, but it has become a necessity for musicians, amateurs and professionals alike.
Musicians now require simplicity as well as portability to record their music. Fortunately, many well-known computer brands are competing to create the most reliable laptop for producing music in a variety of price ranges, offering many options for us.
Here are some of the best laptops with different prices for your music recording needs:
Best Laptops For Music Production And Recording
1) CUK Asus Rog GL503VD Laptop
When it comes to choosing a laptop for recording, CUK Asus Rog GL503VD should always be considered. Asus Rog GL503VD can take all the tasks you throw at it, including producing and editing your music. There will be no experience of any delay when composing/rendering your music.
It is equipped with a Core i7 processor with 8GB of RAM and a 128GB SSD hard drive. It also comes with 15.4-inch Retina display that has a resolution of 2560 × 1600 supported by Intel Iris Pro Graphics and GeForce GT 750M.
This big screen allows you to manage your composition, even if it involves a lot of tracks. You also have access to free and paid music editing and recording applications in the Store. It is very light and suitable if you often need to work in different places. This laptop has an extremely reliable battery that can last up to 12 hours.
Although this laptop is actually more popular as a gaming laptop, everything under the hood makes this a very reliable laptop for recording music. This because it is also equipped with Dolby Advanced Audio to deliver clear sound to enjoy your music from its premium JBL stereo speakers designed.
And to make your composition work more comfortable, it also offers a 15.6-inch Full HD display. It is perfect for multi-tasking programs and currently it is one of the best laptop for listening to music. The only noticeable drawback is that it comes with Windows 8 operating system, but you can easily upgrade to Windows 10 for free.
2) Acer Predator Helios 300
This is also a popular laptop among the players. The Acer Predator Helios 300 is equipped with an Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB RAM and 1TB + SSD 128GB hard drive. It can take any recording project without real problems.
It also has a large 15.6-inch full-screen HD screen that will make it very comfortable for you to manage your music composition as well as when you play games or watch videos.
Apart from that, the laptop is packed with the latest NVIDIA GTX 870M 3GB graphics card which is best for video production as well. In general, it is the best laptop for people who are free of any budget problem.
You can expect the ultimate performance with this stylish laptop looking even if you have to run several programs at once heavy. This laptop may not be able to handle several heavy tasks at once, but when handling each recording project without running other heavy programs, it will do the job really well.
NVIDIA GTX 765m is the display card with 2GB memory closes. It is perfect for people who need to use the laptop in one place and without carrying too much because of the larger and larger screen size.
3) CUK HP Music Production Laptop
This is also a great option if you have a good budget. This type of laptop is available in two standard models that you can choose.
The first model comes with a 2.2GHz i5 processor and a 500GB hard drive, while the second model comes with i7 and a 1TB hard drive. The rest of the specs for both models are pretty much nearly the same, including the 8GB RAM DDR3, 15.6-inch Full HD screen.
With all these qualities you can make recording music more conveniently. If you want, then you are totally free to upgrade to Windows 10. According to the Amazon 5 Stars, this laptop can be considered one of the best laptop for recording music.
Other best features of this laptop are the 4.85-pound weight, USB 3.0 ports, the best for multi-tasking without any problems.
The 4 Most Important Points On A Laptop
Here are some possible issues you need to consider:
- Mechanical noise - as a DJ in a noisy club is obviously no problem. But in a bedroom studio it makes a lot of. One way to figure it out is to read a lot of reviews. Or: decide for an SSD (solid-state drive) without moving parts and not for a classic HHD (hard drive).
- Keyboard background lighting - in lounges and clubs, where there is little light, this is a MUST.
- Screen size - maybe you think that is unimportant, but if you have a bit of time with a DAW, you can quickly see how valuable a large screen can be.
- Connections - Laptops are getting smaller and smaller, and therefore the number of inputs and outputs. So make sure you have enough.
You should pay attention to that in each case ...
1. The keyboard
You can actually use any keyboard ...
The ideal keyboard has these 3 features:
1. Marks for DAW keyboard shortcuts - so you can remember all shortcuts quickly.
2. Numeric block - HAPPY offers useful shortcuts for most DAWs.
3. Wireless connection - to access from anywhere in the room.
Note: Even if you have a laptop, it may be worth buying an external keyboard, because they are very useful .
Here are my 2 favorites:
1. Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard - ( PC / Mac ) - with a numeric keypad and a wireless connection, this keyboard has a unique feature you almost never see: solar cells. This is not a cable or batteries, never.
2. LogicKeyboard Custom DAW Keyboards - ( website ) - LogicKeyboard is one of the most famous manufacturers of shortcuts markers and has both special keyboards and pads for virtually any DAW keyboard combination.
2. The mouse
Also here ... it will do any old mouse (or trackpad) ...
With a really good mouse ...
With a few programmable buttons, you can use the most common DAW shortcuts without having to touch your keyboard.
This alone can significantly improve your workflow .
There are countless mice to choose from ... as a starting point for the search, I recommend Logitech.com .
Good alternatives are:
3. The computer screen
When you start with Home recording ...
The value of a RIGHT GOOD screen is probably not immediately clear.
But if you work for a while at a ...
If you notice 3 things:
1. Low-resolution screens can only display a few tracks at a time.
2. Flat Screen TVs often look puzzled and strange when you see them from near.
3. Screens with a slow refresh rate cannot display sound level meters synchronously with the track.
Each of these problems is annoying. All 3 together make you insane.
So, these are some of the best notebooks for recording that you can find on the market today. You have many options for you to choose according to your needs and budgets. If you need more options, you can always do more research. Remember to pay attention to the important features you need for recording, including a reliable processor, sufficient RAM and hard drive, big screen and all the essential ports, such as HDMI, SD card and USB 3.0.