Your PC can begin to appear slow due to some particular reasons which might catch you unaware because windows pc are not expected to slow down over time so quickly. So, how to fix your slow computer?
The moment you begin to realize situations like this, something already goes wrong with your PC. But don't be surprised that even new systems at times can clog up and run slowly, rebooting your system is the first step to take and see if that will bring your PC back to normal but if the problem persists.
Here are quick and straightforward ways to fix a slow PC before eventually consulting an engineer.
How To Clean Windows
- 1. Uninstall unused or start up programs: The most common reason why computers take so long to start is as a result of some programs and applications you have installed. Some applications installed automatically run when a window is starting up while some don’t work except when launched for a purpose.
However, some applications that run on your windows while starting up might be an anti-virus, but that won't be a problem as you can always disable it before shutting down and enable it back when you put on your system again. Locate the taskbar at the right-hand side of your computer and click on the upwards-facing arrow to display the hidden notification icons. Each of the programs found there loads with the windows some are antivirus software while some are not. The next thing to do is to the right click on each one of the icons to search if you can find a setting menu, select it to turn off the option to start automatically with windows. Also, you can as well start some programs manually; Google Drive is a good example and could be started manually anytime they are needed instead of running at startup with windows.
In other to disable other programs and helpers that are making your PC come up slowly, press the Windows + R key and type MSConfig and click ok. This method applies to all programs installed on your PC. So in case, you want to deactivate some other features that are making your system come up slowly you can apply this method
- 2. Defragging: recent Windows upgrade automatically defragment the disk, there are better defragmenters that boost the performance of a PC even more. There are different programs available, but specifically, programs with O&O Defrag are helpful, but IObit's smart defrag 5 is good enough for your PC and its free. Bear in mind that if your PC has a traditional mechanical hard drive, that is when you can use any of the above-explained programs. In case your system has an SSD, avoid using such utilities on them. Meanwhile, it is advisable that you only use a defragger on the hard disk that is if you have any of the features as mentioned earlier installed on your system already.
- 3. Check for malware and other nastiness: checking for malware requires that you run a scan on your system to ensure that there are no erroneous pieces of software slowing down and causing harm to your machine. You will need to go to the start menu>Settings>Update and security>Windows defender if that is the only feature you have to protect your PC from virus, you can locate the Open Windows Defender, go to the right-hand side panel; scroll down until you find it.
When you click the open windows defender, you will find options that will enable you to run a quick, full or custom scan. Doing this may take a little while and opt for the full version. Then click scan now. Your PC will start to scan for programs that are making it come up slowly.
- 4. Reinstall Windows: Reinstalling Windows is an ultimate speed-up technique. All unwanted software that slows down the PC will be deleted, at the same time, it erases any hardware problems and other malware clears out junk files and so on. But before you reinstall windows on your PC, ensure you have gotten an external hard disk where important files will be, because Windows reinstallation will make you lose all your data and turn your PC to a new one again.
- 5. Tame the visual effects: this topic will make us concentrate on Windows 10; Windows 10 is quite a good operating system, because of the various animations installed on it during startup. The visual effects installed on windows ten are easy to turn off even as they could afford a sense of style and they can also be a feeling of penetrance on machines that are a little older. The most interesting part is that they can be quickly turned off.
How To Speed Up Windows
We have been able to touch some key areas that mostly cause computers to come up or respond slowly while coming up or during usage. Let us also take a look at how we can help our systems to work faster with these simple techniques.
- 1. Update drivers and apps: Windows can run slowly as a result of out of date drivers. Take, for example; impaired drivers can make windows shut down or cause it to start more slowly. In other to boost a PC's performance, updating the video card is a good idea as it also helps to fix bugs automatically which is a good reason why you should always update the latest version of video cards on your PC. Locate the Windows update in the control panel to check for Windows update manually.
- 2. Free disk space: filling up your hard drive with large files is another major reason why systems slow down. You can free your disk space in many ways, but the easiest mean to release the filled up hard drive is to delete unwanted files or uninstall an unwanted utility manually.
With the above explanation on how to fix up your slow PC, you will find your PC attractive if you follow these simple and proven steps on how to fix your slow PC.
Your PC will come up faster, and you can begin to enjoy working on it, and this will give you the advantage to deliver your clients jobs efficiently and faster.